Sign up for Property Alerts

Movehappy Aftercare Package

At Movehappy we endeavour to make your experience as a Spanish property homeowner enjoyable and stress free. That's why we have created our Movehappy aftercare package - FREE for the first year when you purchase a new build property with Movehappy - To include the following:

Resident and Non Resident Tax Declaration - home owners are required to submit a tax declaration. This is a legal requirement and the deadline is the 31st of December every year. Our accountant will calculate the tax, report the amount, prepare and present the declaration and then organise the payment for you.

IBI Council Tax - "Impuesto sobre Bienes Inmuebles", which could be translated as "property tax" is also a legal requirement. This tax is paid to the local Town Hall. We will inform you of the collection date and amount. This is normally between €200 and €500 a year depending on the property. We will request a payment letter to enable payment to be made and then organise the payment for you.

Community Fees - Where applicable. Every community holds an annual general meeting. The minutes of this meeting and any other committee correspondence will be sent to your Spanish address. We will organise to have it sent to our accountants office where we can then translate this into your chosen language and forward to you. We will also set up your direct debit.

Energy Suppliers - We will carry out annual comparisons on your behalf to make sure you are on the best and most economical tariff to suit your needs. We will set up a direct debit for you and register you on the company's portal to enable you to log in at any time to view statements, invoices etc.

Our aim is to save you time, money and ensure that you comply with the Spanish tax authorities by providing the above services. With this package you choose exactly what you would like us to take care of. We have English and Spanish speaking staff who will pick up the phone or reply to an email to answer any questions you may have. They are here to make life in Spain easy!

Take the stress out of owning your dream home in Spain for just €480 including IVA a year... helping to make life in Spain easy!

Note: Our package requires power of attorney with our accountants to enable them to communicate on your behalf. The price for the power of attorney is included in the above package price if carried out in our Torrevieja offices. It is possible to obtain power of attorney in an alternative notary of your choice for a small additional fee.

Additional Services available

Spanish Will

A Spanish Will only applies to assets in Spain. In the case where a will has been made only in the country of birth, the process of having this recognised in Spain is lengthy and can be expensive as the documents need to be officially translated and apostilled. In addition, after the translations, it could be that the Will is not accepted in Spain. Once signed, you can be assured that your assets will be dealt with in the manner that you wish.

Touristic licence for renting your property

Now when you rent out your property for holidays it is necessary to register your property at the local Tourist office, you will receive a Tourism licence. In addition there is now a new requirement called Certificate of Compatibility with tourist uses. The town hall issues this certificate. We would help you obtain this and complete the relevant paperwork so that you can rent your property out legally.


If you live in Spain for 183 days or more (not necessarily consecutively) then you are now considered a Spanish Resident. You will need to obtain a Residencia and you will also need to become a Fiscal Resident of Spain. Our team are on hand to guide you through this process and assist with all necessary appointments and paperwork. We will accompany you at the appointments should translation be necessary.


All residents of Spain are required by law to register on the padrón, in reality, it is simply a way for the town hall to know how many people live in their area, without entering into investigations as to a person’s official residence status or financial affairs. In addition, the information provided at registration is confidential and protected by data protection laws. We will arrange the appointment for you and accompany you should translation be required.

Spanish driving licence

If you are a resident of Spain you will need to obtain a Spanish driving licence. Our team will let you know all of the documents required, guide you through the process and accompany you on any appointments should you need help with translation or understanding the procedures.

Other services

We are able to offer you full services for the following requirements in Spain, Businesses, Property, Medical Care, Motoring, Legal issues, Official Documents, Taxes, Insurances, Currency exchange, Translations and much much more.

Get in touch with us

Please note that Movehappy will use the above details to contact you only. By submitting this form, you confirm that you agree to our website terms and conditions, our privacy policy and consent to cookies being stored on your computer.